Have you ever…
Dreamed of designing your own jewellery, climbing a mountain, or saving a life? How about painting a mural, learning to kayak, or making a movie?
Girl Scouts is a place where you can try new things, have an adventure, and make friends for life. If you’re 5 years old or 17, there is a place for you to discover, connect with others, and make the world a little brighter.
English language Girl Scouting has been established in Nagoya through USA Girl Scouts Overseas. This is open to girls of all nationalities and based on the USAGSO program, using their materials, uniforms, and advancement.
Girls join different Troops (groups) according to age/US school grade on October 1st:
- 5 & 6 year olds (Kindergarten & 1st grade) are Daisies (Troop 20301)
- 7 & 8 year olds (2nd & 3rd grade) are Brownies (Troop 20302)
- 9 & 10 year olds (4th & 5th grade) are Juniors (Troop 20303)
- 11 & 12 year olds (6th & 7th grade) are Cadettes (Troop 20304 has no leader at this time)
- Seniors (13 & 14yrs) and Ambassadors (15 & 16yrs) are also welcome to join although we don’t have troops at this time.
- All nationalities are welcome.
- Girls must have good English ability to participate in the program and for safety reasons. All meetings are held in English only. For Girl Scouting in Japanese please see gs-aichi.jp.
- Membership is limited to girls. For information on our affiliated Boy Scouts of America Cub Scout Pack 758 or Scout Troop 758 in Nagoya visit http://sites.google.com/site/scouts758nagoya or contact email@example.com. Some families have both Boy and Girl Scout members.
- Girls do not have to participate in every troop meeting to be a member.