- Read our General Information and language policy document. Check out all the info on this site and usagso.org then talk to your daughter about whether Girl Scouts might be for her.
- Contact us via email (email@example.com) or the form on our contact page. Tell us your name, and the name and age of your daughter so we know her troop level (see below). There might be a waiting list if our troops are full.
- Come and join us for a trial indoor troop meeting – for your daughter to see what it’s like and for us to check her English.
- If your daughter likes it and we find her English is good enough she can join. We will add you to our private Facebook group where you’ll get details of each meeting. (Sorry but you’ll need to use Facebook to sign up to each meeting).
- Sign up using the on-line registration at usagso.org – please check with us before you do this. We ask that at least one parent also signs up for insurance purposes. Fill in the application and pay using a credit or debit card. Yearly registration with USAGSO is $45 per girl and $25 per adult.
- At the next meeting bring:
- Troop meet fees: JPY5000/year or JPY500/month if you join mid year. We do not collect fees for July & August.
- Health/Emergency Contact form (download, fill-in, print then sign)
- A photocopy or scan of your girl’s medical insurance card and city heath card if you have one (健康保険所 credit card size and 医療所 – yellow, postcard size)
- Uniform and guide book can be ordered from the USAGSO Shop by email.
- T-shirts and neckerchiefs are also available for adult members.
Girls can join Girl Scouts at different levels:
- Daisy, grades K-1 (ages 5-6)
- Brownie, grades 2-3 (ages 7-8)
- Junior, grades 4-5 (ages 9-10)
- Cadette, grades 6-8 (ages 11-12)
- Senior, grades 9-10 (ages 13-14)
- Ambassador, grades 11-12 (ages 15-16)
Leaders & Volunteers
Girl Scout leaders are volunteers from a variety of different backgrounds: teachers, parents, community members and students. We have seen in our own students and families that Girl Scouting is a great place for girls to learn new things and develop nurturing friendships that support them as they grow into young women. We encourage you to join us as a volunteer!
Please contact your troop Leader or committee member if you’d like to be a leader or assistant leader.
Saito Building 2F,
You can also find out more about Girl Scouts online:
USA Girl Scouts Overseas: http://www.usagso.org/
USA Girl Scouts: http://www.girlscouts.org/
Activities & games: