We are members of USA Girl Scouts Overseas. We welcome girls and adult volunteers of any nationality as long as they speak and understand English well.
- We generally meet on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month, 1:30 to 3:30pm, although some events will be on different days so please keep an eye on the schedule. During July & August we run informal trips only.
- The first meet in the month is usually indoors at a community center near Jiyugaoka Station.
- The second meet is often an outdoor event/visit /activity.
- Our current leaders and many parents have received training by a USAGSO registered instructor.
- Most of our activities are based around the USA Girl Scouts program, learning skills like First Aid, doing craft like pottery, outdoor adventures like camping and hiking, learning culture and STEM (science, technology, engineering & mathematics) activities.
- Here’s a selection of what we have done over the years: zoo scavenger hunt, amber polishing, fossil hunting, emergency preparedness center, fire station visit, play in the snow, CBC tour, hanami picnic, pottery, garage sale, rice planting, walkathon, hiking, ice skating, climbing wall, cookie decorating, camping, art museum, currency museum, painting, bazaar, police station visit, animal shelter visit, nature craft, tidal flats, sports center, horse riding, music making, Christmas party, watching basketball match, cooking, programming, castle visit, daikon digging, star gazing, electricity museum, jewelry making, robotics, photography, aeroplane making, theater visit, nutrition, science museum, first aid, media center visit, and much more.
Visit the USA Girl Scouts website
Visit the USA Girl Scouts Overseas website
Please understand that the programme is entirely is English. Due to health & safety concerns we can only accept children who have a basic understanding of English, sufficient enough to allow them to follow directions safely and participate in the activities with enjoyment. If your child does not have a basic understanding of English we welcome to visit the Aichi Girls Scout’s website. http://www.gs-aichi.jp/
プログラムは全て英語で行われます。参加者は、積極的な参加及び円滑なコミュニケーションに必要な充分な英語力を有することが要件であり、プログラム中は、英語をお話し頂くようお願い申し上げます。全ての参加者に安全に楽しくご参加頂くため、必要な英語力をお持ちでないと判断した場合には、参加をお取りやめ頂く場合がございます。必要な英語力をお持ちでない方は ガールスカウト愛知県連盟をご検討下さい。 http://www.gs-aichi.jp/